What is CBD oil?
CBD (cannabinoid) is a compound taken from the widely used medicinal plant marijuana. This compound however isn’t responsible for the psychoactive “high” feeling one would get from smoking marijuana, this feeling comes from the compound knows as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol)
However most CBD oils contains none of the compound THC, or in some cases an extremely minute level that it wouldn’t have an effect on you.
CBD is not psychoactive. This means that CBD does not change a person’s state of mind when they use it.
However, CBD does effect change upon the body in other ways. Huge amounts of research have gone into the product and the findings have been quite pleasant. Some of the most impressive effects being…
- Cholesterol – Increases “Good Cholesterol” (HDL-C) and (Reduced “Bad Cholesterol” (LDL-C)
- Reduces risk of obesity
- Antioxidants help repair skin damage caused by harmful UV rays and free radicals.
- Regulates sugar metabolism and insulin production
- Reduces blood pressure to improve heart health
- Alleviates cancer symptoms
- Reduces Acne
- Improves cognitive function
- Reduced Anxiety aids a restful sleep
- Helps reduce insomnia and RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)
- Lowers RBD (REM Behaviour Disorder)
- Reduces the symptoms of narcolepsy
To name just some.
When it comes to side effects the findings were very few if any at all. Some notable ones are what you expect on most medications these days.
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in mood
- Dry mouth
Please take your time and check out the blogs and articles on our site. All feedback and experiences, please share.